By Amina Abdullahi Girbo
I would begin by saying that, Ladies and gentlemen the press, it is a great pleasure being with you this afternoon, and I thank you all for your presence.
1. Let me, first of all, express my sincere appreciation to my management team for being resolute, sincere and hardworking. Their untiring commitment resulted in the milestones achieved so far.
3. This equally goes to the officers and men of the Bauchi State Police Command for their efforts and excellent professionalism displayed while discharging their statutory duties.
4. You would recall during my first press conference with you, I pledged to establish a robust and healthy relationship and partnership at all levels with members of the public and all relevant Sister Security Agencies and Stakeholders in the community.
5. I would like to reiterate the commitment of the Inspector General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetekun, Phd, NPM, for Community-based and Intelligence-led policing which is yielding fruitful results in addressing contemporary security challenges in our country.
6. It is worthy to note that the security concerns in our society have assumed alarming dimensions ranging from Kidnapping, Banditry, Armed robbery, thugs and thuggery, Gender-Based Violence and the likes.
7. This necessitates a review of our modus operandi to contain the current security challenges bedevilling our dear state and the country in general. It, therefore, requires deploying all assets including kinetic and non-kinetics at our disposal in the quest to curtail criminal activities in the state.
10. Ladies and gentlemen, it is almost impossible to have a crime-free state in a particular society, but I will assure you with the great certainty that as part of our crusades’ commitment to devastate all forms of criminal activities in the State.
The Command has sustained its operations acted on actionable intelligence and continually emplace strategies that are potent enough to deal with the emerging trends of crime and criminality which resulted in tremendous achievements within the month under review. Some of the achievements include but are not limited to the following;
In a fresh operation to confront banditry/kidnapping in Ningi LGA and other areas in Bauchi State, the command has recorded unprecedented successes in its different daring operations across the state aimed at dislodging the remnant of kidnappers/bandits enclaves.
In one of the successful operations carried out between July 17th to 20th, the Operatives rescued 10 victims of kidnapping unhurt and reunited them with their families.
Similarly, the Command acted on credible intelligence and stormed bandits’ enclaves at about 0330hrs in Ningi LGA, but the terrorists took to their heels upon sighting the Police Operatives.
Subsequently, the Police Operatives in conjunction with the (Ali quara) hunters on a routine patrol in Dutsen siddi, Zanya, Zori, Kafin gora, Dukutu, Runu, Kwapto, Gwari, Rafin Gora, jimi and Bura District all in Ningi LGA, attacked the hoodlums and neutralized two of the armed kidnappers and arrested one other, while the remaining terrorists were subdued during a gun duel with our team.
This forced them to scamper in disarray into the nearest bushes with possible bullet wounds.
Nevertheless, efforts had been intensified to trail and apprehend them to face the wrath of the law.
In addition, the Command swiftly consolidate the gains of the overwhelming enthusiasm and support of the citizens in the State, carried out a series and sustained operations in collaboration with the quasi-security outfit (Professional Hunters) Randomly Raided identified black sports, kidnappers Den at Babarko village Via Pali District and Yalo Karekare Digare PAPA village Via Gwana District.
Sequel to the unending and relentless commitment of the Command to tackling all forms of crime and criminality in the State, the Command therefore directed all tactical commanders to embark on aggressive visibility Patrol/Community Policing engagement which is yielding positive results;
From 10/07/2023 to 13/07/2023 Detectives attached to Alkaleri Divisional Police headquarters in collaboration with professional hunters randomly raided some identified black spots at Babarko village via Pali district and Yalo Karekare Digare villages Gwana villages and arrested seven (7) notorious kidnappers syndicate namely;
Isah Gambo ‘m’ 25yrs old
Hamza Ali ‘m’ 26yrs old
Ali Isyaku ‘m’ 27 yrs old
Danlami Isyaku ‘m’ 30yrs old
Abubakar Isyaku ‘m’ 25yrs old
Adamu Alh. Lado ‘m’ 30yrs old
Usman Dan Asibi AKA Na Mansur 30yrs old all of Mansur and Papa Yalo villages.
Preliminary Investigation uncovered that the aforementioned suspects are the notorious kidnappers terrorizing the Alkaleri community & beyond. Raids and Searches were conducted at their various hideouts and The following calibres of prohibited firearms were recovered;
One (1) locally-made revolver pistol
One (1) locally-made AK-47 rifle
One (1) locally-made fabricated pistol
One (1) locally-made pump action
During interrogation, the suspects confessed to the commission of the crime and more. A discreet Investigation has been launched after which the suspects will be charged to court for prosecution of the established Offences accordingly.
It is therefore imperative to note that we remain resolute, relentless and fearless in carrying out our constitutional mandate to ensure a conducive atmosphere persists in Bauchi State.
I wish to thank the good citizens and the State Government for their unwavering efforts towards assisting the Police and other security Agencies in the optimum fight against criminality within and outside the State.
Finally, the Command warned thugs AKA SARA-SUKA and any other disgruntled elements intending to cause any form of violence or disturbance of public peace to have a rethink or desist as we are fully prepared and battle ready to deal with them decisively to ensure safety and security in the State.