By Aliyu Dangida
The Kano State All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholders’ have expressed commitment to continue to pursue the path of dialogue with individuals, associations or political parties ready to join the party in order to enhance unity, progress and development of the state.
This statement comes a week after the Supreme Court reserved the ruling of the election petition tribunal and the appeal court that sacked Abba Kabir Yusuf as Kano State Governor.
SOLACEBASE reports that this forms part of the resolutions of Kano All Progressives Congress (APC) selected stakeholders meeting to revisit the Supreme Court judgement on the 2023 governorship election dispute held in Abuja on Friday.
A communique jointly signed by Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa, Chairman House Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream)/Leader Northern Caucus) and Malam Muhammad Garba former Commissioner for Information and Internal Affairs, Kano State and Chief of Staff to the APC National Chairman said the meeting resolved to convene an elaborate stakeholders’ meeting in Kano with a view to strategizing on how to further unite the party for enhanced development.
According to the communique, the meeting also agreed to set up various committees that will chart a new course for the party’s activities.
RESOLUTIONS OF KANO ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC) SELECTED STAKEHOLDERS’ MEETING TO REVISIT THE SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT ON THE 2023 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION DISPUTE, WHICH HELD IN ABUJA ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 19, 2024
A selected Kano APC stakeholders meeting was held in Abuja and was presided over by the party’s National Chairman, His Excellency Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, CON; Deputy Senate President,
Senator Barau Jibrin; APC Gubernatorial and Deputy Gubernatorial Candidates, Dr. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna and Murtala Sule Garo respectively; Minister of State Housing and Urban Development, Engr. Abdullahi Tijjani Muhammad Gwarzo; Minister of State Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Dr. Mariya Mahmud Bunkure; Kano APC chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas; Minority Leader of the Kano state House of Assembly,
Hon. Labaran Abdul Madari; serving and former members of the National and State Assemblies, Elders and member of the Gawuna/Garo Campaign Council, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, former Secretary to the Kano State Government/Wazirin Gaya and Chairman, Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON), Hon. Muhammad Baffa Takai.
The meeting was held in Abuja to review the affairs the party particularly the outcome of the Supreme Court judgement on the 2023 gubernatorial election dispute with a view to enhance unity and progress of the party.
At the end of the meeting, the following resolutions were adopted:
1. The meeting expressed appreciation to His Excellency Mr. President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his support and love for Kano state and particularly the APC family as well as his resolve and commitment towards the progress and development of the party in the state and the country in general.
2. The stakeholders meeting also resolved that as progressive and largest political party in Africa, and in line with the initiative of its national chairman, the doors of the state APC will remain open to wooing new members to the party across the country and in diaspora at group or individual level.
3. Also in order to enhance unity, progress and development of Kano state, the stakeholders’ meeting expressed commitment to continue to pursue the path of dialogue with individuals, associations or political parties ready to join the APC
4. The meeting resolved to convene an elaborate stakeholders’ meeting in Kano with a view to strategizing on how to further unite the party for enhanced development.
6. The meeting also agreed to set up various committees that will chart a new course for the party’s activities.
7. The meeting also appreciated members of the party for their maturity, support and patience during the period of the legal battle and called on them to remain calm and await the outcome of the expanded stakeholders meeting scheduled for Thursday, January 25, 2024.
HON. Alhassan Ado Doguwa
Chairman House Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream)/Leader Northern Caucus/Sardaunan Rano
Malam Muhammad Garba
Former Commissioner for Information and Internal Affairs, Kano State/Chief of Staff to the APC National Chairman